What Is It Like Working with Scribe?
At Scribe, we don’t have jobs, we have careers and an environment for Tribe members to bring their whole selves to. So we care about more than just your resume. You’ll grow professionally, and you’ll also have the chance to grow personally. We’re always looking for exceptional culture adds.
Want to learn more about our culture and what it’s like to work at Scribe? Check out our Culture Bible.
Why Should You Work with Scribe?
We’re recognized as one of the best companies to work with in America.
#2 Best Companies to Work for in Texas
#2 Best Places to Work in Central Texas
#1 Top Company Culture in America
#15 Best Small & Medium Workplaces in USA
We care the most about what matters most: People.
We aren’t a hip startup that offers frivolous benefits like ping pong tables and kegs on tap in the office. We are a company that puts a strong focus on holistic wellness, growth, and security, so you can focus on what matters most to you.
Here are just some of our benefits we offer to all full-time Tribe members starting on day 1*:
- 100% Scribe paid health, dental, & vision for Tribe Members on day 1
- Option to add spouse and dependents
- Health savings accounts
- 100% Scribe paid basic Short & Long-Term Disability, Life, and Personal Accident Insurance
- On-time direct deposit pay 🙂
- Immediate access to 401k with a 3% company match
- No questions asked emergency loans
- Tuition & educational reimbursement
- Adoption assistance
- Fully transparent company financials
- Financial planning assistance and guidance. We’ll help you create a plan to get out of debt, review home buying paperwork, invest in your 401k or the stock market, consolidate student loans or lower interest rates. And we’ll teach you how to have salary increase conversations.
- After 18-months, get our full publishing service. You’ll also have free access to the entire Scribe library.
Work Location, Holidays, PTO
- 6 weeks of paid time off a year completely off the grid, which includes 20 days of PTO, 7 paid holidays, and the entire week between Christmas Eve & New Years
- Flexible schedule (you choose what hours you work)
- As a remote-first company, most roles have the ability to work remotely from anywhere within the 50 United States.
- All roles, even those that are required to be in Austin, have the ability to work from our office, your home, or wherever you’re comfortable.
Birth & Bonding, Community & Bereavement Leave
- Any Tribe member who gives birth receives 12 weeks of fully paid time off.
- Partners of birthing parents, or those involved in adoptions, foster placements, or birth through a surrogate, receive 4 weeks of paid leave.
- 4 fully paid community service days per year to use while volunteering alongside Tribe members at coordinated community events or to individually support causes you care about in your local community.
- Up to 10 days of fully-paid, no questions asked Bereavement leave. You define what “loved one” means to you: be it a parent, a cousin, a best friend, or even a beloved pet.
Whole Life Integration
- We believe that Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion has no finish line. We hold optional discussions throughout the month led by volunteer Tribe members with the goal to provide a safe space for asking questions, openly sharing, and encouraging learning.
- MacBooks are provided to all full time Tribe members for Scribe work and personal use.
- As a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) host, we partner with an organization that supports refugee families through a community garden here in Austin. You can sign up with us to get local, in-season produce delivered weekly straight to the office!
- We’re supportive of Tribe members working to create the lives they imagine! Freedom to do other work on the side is encouraged, as long as the work doesn’t compete with or negatively impact Scribe’s business.
Open Career Opportunities
You in? Awesome. There are two ways you can join our team:
as a full-time Tribe member or as a freelancer.
Don’t See Your Dream Job?
Join our Careers List. We’ll send an update about once per month.
Sign Up for New Role Notifications
Get an email every time we open a new role (about 1x per month).